I’m not usually a scrapbooker, but when I saw Scrapbooking Attitude printable film, I knew it had huge creative potential—even for non-paper crafters!
I wanted to see how Scrapbooking Attitude would work on fabric, especially with the added texture of embroidery, so I designed a simple needle case to keep my embroidery needles organized on the go. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to make your own needle case using my free downloadable embroidery template and Scrapbooking Attitude!
Wait. What is Scrapbooking Attitude?
Scrapbooking attitude is a printable film that bonds seamlessly to textured materials (paper, fabric, etc) with heat or glue. To use it, print an image on the film, then peel the printed film away from the paper backing and apply it to your preferred medium. When applied, the film adheres to the medium, taking on its texture. You can think of the process as lamination, but with a printable film instead of clear plastic. You can see a video of the process on the Scrapbooking Attitude website.
* Scrapbooking Attitude
* Needle Case Graphic Embroidery Template PDF
* Needle Case Scrapbooking Attitude Template PDF
* Linen embroidery fabric, one 3½" x 4" rectangle
* White wool felt, one 3½" x 4" rectangle
* Navy blue wool felt, one 3" x 1¼" rectangle
* Embroidery Needle
* Embroidery floss, one yard each of red and gray
* Velcro fastener, one 1" x ¼" hook side and 1 ¼"one 1" x ¼" loop side
* Fusible web
* Water or air soluble fabric marker, fine tip
* Amazing GOOP craft adhesive
* Iron and ironing board
* Pressing cloth or piece of white scrap fabric
* Sewing machine (Optional. Hand sewing is also fine.)
* Ink jet printer
Print the Needle Case Graphic Embroidery Template and cut it out, using the outer line as your guide.
Using a fabric marker, trace the needle design onto linen embroidery fabric.
See the full tutorial…